Monday, March 17, 2008

Research

I have been doing a great deal of research these past few weeks and that has slowed down my posting more than I would like. However, I am learning about what is happening with my husband and within our family.

I have added links that I have found useful in my research. I especially like the article on Living with Military Fathers with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I have not found any similar articles for explaining Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) to children. I may have to write one myself. The Quick Guides to TBI and TBI/PTSD are also helpful for a snapshot of the conditions.

In addition to posting here, I am working on a comprehensive document for our family members to help them understand the conditions and how they affect our family. I plan to include that here when it is finished.

It is my intent to tell our story, but to also assist others in similar situations. We have said from the start that if we are virtual guinea pigs in the process, then let us be able to help others struggling to find answers as well. If there is information you would like, please contact me and I will try to fulfill your request.

No comments: