Saturday, August 2, 2008

Three Months Lost

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~Dr. Seuss

I contacted the Senator Johnson's office after the gag order was threatened. I asked for assitance in getting Sean to WRAMC quickly due to the continued abdominal pain, nausea, dizziness, occasional diarrhea, vomiting, and weight loss. Sean had now spent three months on base with no improvement, and certainly without adequate follow-through to determine the cause of his symptoms.

Three months lost waiting...three months being told, "there's nothing wrong with you...take your meds and you will be fine..."

Three months of working up the chain of command...three months of being told to stop complaining...

I asked my Congressman for a change of duty station. The inquiry again brought out the best in those overseeing Sean's medical care.

Ms. S called Sean in for a meeting and wanted to know why we had contacted the Senator's office again stating, "We have done everything we can for you."

Sean's response was, "The issue is, if you can do nothing more for me here, then send me somewhere that can help me."

Ms. S replied, "You'll be no better there than you are here."

LT D met with Sean and asked, "What more do you want, we made arrangements to send you to WRAMC?" Please note, that the arrangements for WRAMC were made only AFTER my most recent contact with the Senator's office and their subsequent inquiry.

No comments: