Friday, September 23, 2011

Family of a Vet

I have joined the Grassroots Team of Family of a Vet!  This incredible group was started four years ago by the wife of a wounded veteran who was frustrated by the lack of practical information on  TBI, PTSD, and other issues affecting military and veteran families.  The website now has 100s of pages of information and the team is working to distribute information around the nation. 

Since I am new to the organization, I can by no means do it justice by my description.  Please check out the links below and take some time to explore all the information. 

Earlier this summer I worked on the PTSD and TBI Education packet linked below.  I had the opportunity participate in a mock-up of the new VA Caregiver app being developed for the iPhone and iPad.  I am currently researching topics to write new articles. 

The support and friendship at Family of a Vet is amazing!  I feel I have a whole new circle of friends who really "get it" and understand where we are in our lives because they have been there. 


FamilyOfaVet.com



FamilyOfaVet.com

Awesome handout explaining TBI and PTSD and background on FOV

Free Packets available from Family of a Vet:

Ready-to-use PTSD and TBI information for FRGs

Ready-to-use packet: Combat PTSD and the Legal System

Ready-to-use PTSD and TBI Education Packet for Parents and Teachers

★★★Help a HERO while you SHOP!★★★
To shop on AMAZON.COM, start with this link, spend the same amount
of money, but help us raise money for FamilyOfaVet.com
(money which helps us reach out and support Veterans and
families who are struggling with life after combat!)
http://tinyurl.com/Shop4FOV

No comments: