I never wanted for things to go this far, and now I feel I need to clear the air. You have taken my husband and changed him in ways I never imagined. You've stolen his patience, his mild manner, his ability to think rationally. You've wedged yourself between us and turned us from a loving couple into roommates. I want you to know, it's not me, it's you.
Before you go, here is what I want you to know:
- It is not my job to "micromanage" and make everyone do everything. Some things will not make you happy, you will need to learn to deal with it.
- It is not my job to make sure everything in life goes the way you want it to. I cannot control every aspect of your environment to help you avoid frustration.
- When things don't go your way, you cannot take it out on me.
- I'm not willing to be yelled at, sworn at, or berated because you are in a bad mood or things didn't go your way.
- I deserve to feel relaxed and happy. I know you are on edge all the time, but I cannot sacrifice my own peace because you are struggling. You will need to learn ways to cope.
- I did not come with an "on/off" switch." Just because you feel bad for the way you acted, does not mean I can immediately turn off my emotions. Likewise, following me repeating, "I'm sorry" and "I love you" will not help me calm down faster. Sometimes I am allowed to be upset, especially after you've had an outburt. I deserve a chance to cool down and regroup.
I am sorry it has to be this way, but the time has come to let you go and reclaim my husband. I know this might be a difficult good-bye, but believe me when I say we will find a way to live without you.
A Frustrated Wife