Sunday, June 12, 2011

Some Wounds Don't Heal

So, I re-read the blog this weekend and checked all my links. . .
Things that struck me as I read:
  • Sean was gone for 642 days
  • I thought if we could figure out what it was, we could figure out how to deal with it.
  • The fight it took to get him medical care.
  • The fight it took to get him home.
  • We have been struggling to get him appropriate care/diagnosis on one side of the fence or the other for FIVE years!
  • I look at how far we have come with getting his symptoms under control and wonder what he would be like w/o meds. . .
  • It is what it is. . . and now that we know what it is, what do we do with it?
  • The sadness is completely and totally overwhelming even now.  I wept over many posts as I read, and it was a rerun.  I cannot believe the emotional impact this still  has on me.
I wonder if the pain we feel will ever feel better.  I wonder if there will ever come a time when we aren't wishing we were better prepared, or better informed, or more stable.  I wonder if these wounds will ever heal.

    No comments: