Friday, July 1, 2011

It's Ten Thousand Spoons When All You Need is a Knife

While the VA continues to stonewall with the Post 9/11 GI Bill payments, I did receive my first check as Sean's caregiver through the new Caregiver Program implemented by the VA this May.  Have to say for a VA program it has all worked according to schedule.

I now make more as a stay-at-home Caregiver than I did as a teacher.  Don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

Sean believes that since I'm now getting paid and "contributing something to the family again" that every thing is hunky-dory and I should automatically feel better about our situation. 

Honey, it's nice for them to finally recognize the work I've been doing, but this does very little to fix our lives.  We have a lot of hard work, learning, and healing yet to do. 

No comments: