Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reflections and Resolutions

Jordan, Sean, Melissa, Erin, and Keeley
Christmas 2010
Resolution:  Quality of Life
I would like us to focus on the quality of the life we have, the day to day living and enjoying, finding happiness in the little moments, peace in the quiet times, acceptance during the difficult ones.

We have reached a point (long ago, actually) where there is no real treatment for Sean's medical issues.  He will continue counseling for PTSD, and will work with the doctors to make medication changes where necessary.  Barring any changes in his condition, we do not need to continually seek out medical opinions.  It is what it is.  Perhaps that will bring us peace.

That being said, he still has upcoming sinus surgery and sleep studies.  The army has not completed the medical board, so there will be more appointments.  However, we will not seek additional care except when he has changes in his condition. 

Knowing what I know about the upcoming months as I write this (keep reading, you'll see) it makes me laugh!  But when I started this post right after Christmas I thought I was on the right track. 

Someday. . . .

No comments: