Thursday, March 10, 2011

Resignation

With a heavy heart I turned in my resignation just before Christmas.  After spending most of a year home with Sean and traveling weekly for appointments I could see that returning to a classroom of 25 first graders was not going to work into our plan.  The demands of running a classroom all day, correcting papers and writing plans at night and on weekends, and the uncertainties surrounding Sean's needs do not mesh well.

After the deed was done, I felt much better.  Letting go so I can move forward.  Due to other circumstances in our lives I have not even had sufficient time to tutor as I had during the fall.  It is the right decision.  Yet I find myself repeating it over and over to convince myself.  Our family must come first, and this move will allow me to be more proactive for Sean.

Additionally, My father had a stroke after his last surgery and will not be able to have any additional procedures.  I wanted to be sure my time was free to help him when he leaves the nursing home. 

Now that I have had time to adjust, I must admit that having the time at 10:00 AM on a school day to type this while sitting on my couch in my pajamas and knowing I won't have recess duty--it's 3 degress this morning--reinforces that I have indeed made the right choice.

No comments: